A new draft of industrial policy being prepared in Rajasthan after the recent change of government has laid emphasis on investments and employment generation, while ensuring the participation of all stakeholders. A series of dialogues has been initiated to get the opinion of different industrial sectors.In the first dialogue with representatives of food processing and textile industries held here on Tuesday, key inputs were obtained in the areas such as research and development, export promotion, land conversion and construction of dedicated corridors.State Industries Commissioner Krishna Kant Pathak said the draft would be finalised after the study of similar policies in other States and presented before the stakeholders.‘Resolving issues’“The direct dialogues with the industries will help resolve their issues and facilitate the incorporation of provisions which will speed up Rajasthan’s industrial development.” he said.Industry representatives attending the dialogue, organised at Udyog Bhawan here, raised the issues of giving the status of industry to warehouses, removal of ban on export of mustard oil, abolition of mandi tax, review of fixed power tariff, availability of natural gas and the loss caused by lack of conversion of fabric into apparel.
Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games After another semis exit, Victolero hopes Star learns from experience MOST READ McIlroy, who had stumbled through a lacklustre opening round on Thursday, again found the going tough after teeing off on the 10th hole.He missed a five-footer for birdie on his first and then squandered another chance on 11, where he missed a 12-footer.His problems deepened at the par-four 12th, when his second shot rolled off the back of the green. A chip went sailing past the pin, leaving a long putt to save par which was duly missed.He recovered to drain a 13-foot birdie putt on the par-three 13th, but thereafter was unable to build any momentum over the remainder of the opening nine holes.His inward nine began with a further bogey on the long par-five first, which was followed by another bogey on the second which left him at eight over.ADVERTISEMENT Jordan delivers on promise: 2 Cobra choppers now in PH LATEST STORIES Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ 1 dead in Cavite blast, fire What ‘missteps’? A further bogey on the third left him nine over.With little to play for McIlroy then strung together his best sequence of holes in the tournament, carding four birdies and two pars.But the late birdie spree was not enough to lift McIlroy to safety as the exit door loomed.McIlroy meanwhile said a new putter being used for the tournament was not the problem.“I didn’t think it was the putter, it was the guy on the end of it,” he said. “It’s all good holing the putts on the practice green, but it’s a different kettle of fish when you get out on the course and have to read slope, read downhill, uphill into the green, side green.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next WATCH: Firefighters rescue baby seal found in parking garage Rory McIlroy of Northern Ireland waits to play his shot from the ninth tee during the second round of the 2017 U.S. Open at Erin Hills on June 16, 2017 in Hartford, Wisconsin. Gregory Shamus/Getty Images/AFPRory McIlroy was left reflecting on a missed cut at the US Open for the second consecutive year on Friday after once again struggling to get to grips with the Erin Hills layout.The world number two, who earlier in the week suggested players unable to find the fairways should “pack their bags”, is now contemplating an early exit following a second-round 71.ADVERTISEMENT Heart Evangelista admits she’s pregnant… with chicken View comments The one-under-par total was a substantial improvement on Thursday’s six-over-par 78, but with the cut projected at one-over-par, it was too little, too late for the popular Northern Irishman.McIlroy, however, who had come into the tournament from an injury layoff after a niggling rib problem, said he was encouraged by his performance. FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout“I’m optimistic with where my game is,” he said. “Hopefully I’ve got a lot of the bad stuff out of my system yesterday and some parts today. It’s just a matter of getting competitive rounds under my belt.“I’ve got a busy summer, so I’m excited to play a lot of golf. I feel like that’s going to help me to get back into contention and hopefully try to win some of these things.” Heart Evangelista admits she’s pregnant… with chicken World’s 50 Best Restaurants launches new drinking and dining guide
Opener Shikhar Dhawan’s thumb injury during the match against Australia has the Indian team management in a spot of bother at the World Cup 2019. With their next match slated against Pakistan, the focus is to get the team combination right for the most anticipated game of the tournament. But with Dhawan set to miss the tie in Manchester, speculations are on as to when the left-hander will be able to regain full fitness.Former India captain and opener Sachin Tendulkar, in an exclusive chat with India Today expressed his faith in ‘fighter’ Dhawan, saying that he believes that it’s not necessary to play him at this stage keeping in mind the semis-finals and final where he could be key to India’s success.Tendulkar also recalled India’s tour to New Zealand in 2009 when he played with a broken finger and believes that if needed, Dhawan can do the same for the team.”I actually played a whole tour of New Zealand in 2009 with a fractured finger. I remember, in Hamilton in the very 1st match, I took a catch and broke my finger. If you noticed I used to have a huge padding protecting my fingers but I played with a broken finger. I think players learn to play with some discomfort and Shikhar is a fighter and I know he will come back fighting,” said Dhawan.Sachin said that Dhawan doesn’t need to prove himself anymore as his ICC tournaments record ‘speaks for himself’.”His numbers speak for himself and he doesn’t need to go out telling the world what he has done in ICC tournaments. All he has to do is get fit, come back and deliver,” said Sachin.advertisementOn the question of how players manage such injuries and what should be the team’s approach towards handling such situations, Tendulkar is of the opinion that it’s important to see if Dhawan is comfortable while fielding. If he doesn’t feel pain while catching or fielding, then Sachin feels that India can take the gamble of playing him later in the tournament.”While batting the thumb is going to jar a bit. But I am worried about fielding and I will leave that to Patrick (Farhart – Team India’s physio) and all, but if he is not fit I don’t want to take that chance of risking playing him. The knock-outs are the most critical part of the World Cup and if he can catch without much pain then only I would gamble on him playing,” said Sachin.KL Rahul is expected to open the innings with Rohit Sharma against Pakistan. India are currently on the 3rd spot in the points table with 5 points from 3 games after the washout against New Zealand on Thursday.Also Read | World Cup 2019: Mohammad Amir and Wahab Riaz will target Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma, says Sachin TendulkarAlso Read | India-New Zealand would have been a nice match-up: Coach Gary Stead rues Nottingham washout
Governor General, His Excellency the Most Hon. Sir Patrick Allen, says the much anticipated construction of a 360-megawatt electricity capacity plant will commence this calendar year. The Governor General, who was delivering the Throne Speech to mark the opening of the 2013/14 Parliamentary Year at Gordon House on Thursday morning, April 4, said the new facility will replace “the existing old and inefficient” 292-megawatt plant at Old Harbour. He noted that an essential platform for growth is more reliable and less expensive electricity to consumers. “This is important to make the production of our goods and services more cost competitive,” he said. He further explained that the Government will shortly open bids for the provision of up to 115 megawatts of electricity capacity from renewable sources such as solar energy, wind, water, and wastes. This will serve to diversify the island’s source of fuel and reduce its foreign exchange expenditure over the medium to long-term, he outlined. Noting that the energy problem cannot be fully addressed by focusing only on the supply side, he pointed to a need for conservation measures. “We must also achieve a reduction in the consumption of electricity through conservation regardless of the fuel source. This has to be done across the board in homes, public and private offices, farms, factories, hotels and schools,” he said. The Governor General pointed to the energy efficiency and conservation programme implemented by the Government last year, with financial support from the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), as part of efforts to address the problem. By Andrea Braham, JIS Reporter
zoom Greek shipping company Metrostar Management Corporation has ordered two more Aframaxes from South Korea’s Daehan Shipbuilding, VesselsValue data shows.Under the agreement signed on June 15, the shipbuilder is scheduled to deliver the two 114,000 dwt vessels to Metrostar Management in 2019.Athough the financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed, VesselsValue informed that the ships have a market value of USD 41.4 million a piece.The order comes only a month after the Greek owner sealed a deal with Daehan for its first 114,000 dwt Aframax tanker duo.Metrostar Management, which is paying USD 86 million for the two tankers, expects to take delivery of the vessels in 2018.World Maritime News Staff