has launched a fruit flapjack into shops across north-west England to raise money for its 2008 Local Hero campaign. For each flapjack sold, Greenhalgh’s will give 5p to a fund that will help several charities in the region. The first of these charities, The Bowland Pennine Mountain Rescue Team, helped get Greenhalgh’s campaign under way, outside its Bank Street shop, Warrington.
Boyd Tinsley, former Dave Matthews Band violinist who was recently accused of using his industry clout to sexually assault, harass, and groom a young musician, is disputing allegations of sexual misconduct. In a statement issued through his publicist on Friday, Boyd said: “I’m truly hurt by the one-sided account that appeared on a blog about me yesterday. I only wish the reporter had spoken to me first, so they would have heard the truth.”“I will defend myself against these false accusations,” he added. “I can only assume the motivation for the article and the lawsuit filed against me. These accusations have caused embarrassment for my family, my friends and my fans. I will fight both in and out of court to repair the damage that has been done.”Originally published by Consequence of Sound on Thursday, the allegations were leveled by James Frost-Winn, a 28-year-old Seattle-based trumpet player who formerly worked with Tinsley in the band Crystal Garden in 2015 and 2016. Frost-Winn filed a lawsuit against Tinsley in Washington State on May 17th seeking $9 million in damages and alleging that Tinsley created a “hostile work environment” in which sex-based demands were intertwined with the band’s success.The author of the CoS story, Jessica Lipskey, “reached out to Tinsley and his representatives on four separate times prior to the story being published,” according to the publication. “She never received a response.”Responding to Tinsley’s statement of denial, a lawyer for Frost-Winn provided a statement to Rolling Stone: “We are disappointed in Mr. Tinsley’s complete lack of personal responsibility for his actions. Further, multiple media sources have indicated that they reached out to Mr. Tinsley and that he made no attempt to become a part of the conversation. His statement ‘I only wish the reporter had spoken to me first’ is disingenuous at best. Mr. Tinsley continues to show a lack of understanding of the obligation to not exploit an employee for sexual gratification. We will continue to move forward with our claims, and look forward to our day in court.”Furthermore, responding to Thursday’s news, Dave Matthews Band told Consequence of Sound that Tinsley is “no longer a member of the band”. They added that they were “shocked by these disturbing allegations and we were not previously aware of them.”Thursday’s report detailed Frost-Winn’s disturbing accusations, which go as far back as 2009. The story describes Tinsley’s attempts to groom Frost-Winn over many years by developing a friendship and working relationship with the young trumpeter. Frost-Winn also detailed numerous instances in which Tinsley sent him sexually suggestive and explicit text messages as well as one instance in which Frost-Winn allegedly woke up to find Tinsley masturbating next to him while grabbing his butt. (You can read the full report here).As previously reported, Tinsley announced a hiatus from Dave Matthews Band on February 2nd of this year (which turns out to be the same day that Frost-Winn issued his first demand letter to settle his assault and harassment claims against Tinsley outside of court). At the time, the 54-year-old violinist tweeted, “I need to take a break from the band & touring 2 focus on my family & my health 4 a while”.Dave Matthews first commented on Boyd Tinsley’s departure earlier this week—before the sexual assault and harassment allegations came to light—in an interview with Vulture. The Dave Matthews Band frontman explained, “I have a deep love for Boyd, and he has to deal with his stuff. In many ways I’m sure it would’ve been a lot easier for him to just say, ‘I’m good. Let’s go play.’ But you can’t just throw yourself away, your wellness away, because you play violin in a band. It doesn’t make any sense to do that.” Matthews also added that he didn’t know if Tinsley would be rejoining the lineup at a later date, though it now appears that the violinist has been officially removed from the band. Tinsley’s work will still be present on DMB’s upcoming album Come Tomorrow, due out June 8, 2018.
Arsenal could receive around £160m if Mikel Arteta decides to offload Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and a string of other players to fund moves for two top stars. The Gunners saw of their hopes of securing Champions League football next season take a huge hit after they crashed out of the Europa League to Olympiakos on Thursday night. That meaans only a top-four finish (top-five if Man City fail to overturn their European ban) will see them play in Europe’s premier competition and could prompt a fire-sale if they don’t get there.Advertisement According to football.london, Arteta could receive a significant cash windfall if he starts offloading players at the end of the season. Aubameyang is Arsenal’s main asset, but the striker is out of contract in 2021 and Barcelona retain a long-running interest in the experienced £80m plus-rated Gabon international. The report adds, with very specific figures, that Shkodran Mustafi might be available in the summer for around £13.5m, while Sokratis Papastathopoulos could fetch a fee of around £16.2m. Read Also:We are progressing well, Arteta gives update as Arsenal boss Sead Kolasinac’s place in the first-team is also now under threat following the emergence of youngster Bukayo Saka, while Mohamed Elneny and Henrikh Mkhitaryan – who both out on loan at Besiktas and Roma respectively – also look to have no future at the club. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Mikel Arteta is ready to sell £160m worth of talent to bring in two new Arsenal signings; while Liverpool are plotting a huge new deal for Virgil Van Dijk, according to Friday’s Paper Talk. Loading… Promoted Content7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical10 Celebrity Dads Who Have A Bad Relationship With Their Kids8 Best 1980s High Tech GadgetsWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The WorldTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The World8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them7 Breathtaking Train Stations Around The Globe20 “The Big Bang Theory” Moments Only A Few Fans Knew About
It is understood the total value of the deal is worth nearly Â£450m (â‚¬500m), which includes wages, bonuses and a buyout clause of Â£198m (â‚¬222m). Neymar has been offered a basic salary of Â£26.8m-a-year (â‚¬30m) after tax, around Â£515,000-a-week.Barcelona confirmed the buyout clause will have to be “deposited in its entirety” for the deal to pull through.Sky Sports News has been told that a key meeting took place in Brazil earlier last month involving Neymar, his father and super-agent Pini Zahavi, who has brokered the deal.Zahavi has known Neymar since the age of 17 and has become one of his closest advisors.A source in Spain close to Neymar has told Sky Sports News: “Since he decided to leave, Neymar has had to deal with huge pressure to stay at Barcelona. His teammates wanted him to stay but his decision was made.”The source added that Neymar had been “close” to joining Manchester United in last summer’s transfer market but chose PSG after a further season at Barcelona.Neymar is expected to join five Brazilian international teammates at PSG, including Dani Alves and Thiago Silva.The source said: “People will say this has been driven by money, but he wants to become the leader at the club. He wants to be independent, and wants to win the Ballon d’Or. He believes he can do that in Paris.”La Liga President Javier Tebas has threatened to block the transfer but it’s understood PSG officials remain “very confident” there will be no issues with the buyout clause.PSG has yet to confirm whether an agreement has been reached.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Brazil and Barcelona star, Neymar, has agreed a five-year deal with Paris Saint-Germain and is due in Paris within the next 24 hours to finalise the most expensive transfer in world football history, according to Sky sources.Sky Sports News learnt that Neymar decided to leave Barcelona following talks on holiday near Rio de Janeiro in early July, before he joined the club’s pre-season tour of the United States.He is expected to arrive in the French capital by Friday at the latest to complete his move.