Pardew has slapped a price tag as high as £60million on winger Yannick Bolasie, with Liverpool reportedly interested in the in-form 25-year-old. The Palace boss has drawn up a clear transfer strategy with chairman Steve Parrish, which will again be centred around digging out high-value recruits. “It really is about are they better than what you have. “Therefore what is their value? And that is what you have to gauge. “I have to say this club has done very well in the transfer market prior to me coming in. I think in that window just passed we bought really well, but really we haven’t seen them. “I haven’t had to lean on Shola Ameobi, Jordon Mutch, Chungy (Lee Chung-yong) too much really. “And I really did think, particularly in Shola, that he was going to be a massive player for us if it got close. “In a way the team have taken that equation away.” Pardew has guided Palace out of the relegation mire since his January arrival, with the Eagles fifth in the Premier League standings on 2015’s fixtures alone. Victory over Hull in Saturday’s Selhurst Park clash would rubber-stamp Palace’s top-flight safety, and Pardew admitted he is eager to make what experiments he can with next term in mind. “There could be an opportunity to look for next year and that is what I am going to do between now and the end of the year,” he said. “I will try and keep our professionalism together, but also look at Chungy and Jordon Mutch and how they are going to impact on what is a good team at the moment. “We still have some big games though, so I have to look at that and can’t be experimenting in some. “It is about making sure whatever team goes out there is every bit as good as the team that has played in the last few weeks.” Alan Pardew is weighing up chasing a big-name summer signing to boost Crystal Palace’s profile as the Eagles battle to hold onto their top talent. Former Newcastle manager Pardew did however concede that a high-profile signing could be just the kind of statement of intent the Selhurst Park club need to cement their Premier League authority. “I think that is a good point actually,” said Pardew when asked if a well-known recruit would boost the club. “Maybe that is a solution to not just give us a better media standing than we have, but to also give everybody else here the recognition in terms of their value, that we could attract a player of that type. “That is something I have thought about.” Pardew is adamant Palace’s top stars are vastly undervalued by their top-flight rivals, and is intent on changing perceptions the most straightforward way – setting higher demands. That blunt strategy fully underscores Pardew rating Bolasie – signed from Bristol City for around £400,000 in 2011 – at £20million last week, and between £40million and £60million this. While Palace may seek to break the £7million club transfer record set with the September 2014 arrival of James McArthur from Wigan, Pardew is loath to do so lightly. “It isn’t just about the money and isn’t just about the figure that you pay,” said Pardew. Press Association
It was further learnt that Eagles Franco-German Technical Adviser, Gernot Rohr has decided not to hand the 2013 AFCON-winning star an invitation to allow him recover for the Eaglesâ€™ subsequent matches.â€œI can confirm to you that Victor Moses is out of the tie as he wonâ€™t have fully recovered for the match; as much as we want to play our best players in the two games, we donâ€™t also want to risk any player ahead of further national team games,â€ the source told AOIFootball.com.The source also debunked the news in the Nigeria media that his omission was because of a purported fraction between the playerâ€™s club and the Nigerian FA.â€œThere are no issues between us and Chelsea over his injury; these things are unavoidable in football and we can only wish the player recovers on time and come back to full fitness for both club and country,â€ the source added.Moses was instrumental in the Super Eaglesâ€™ qualification to the World Cup in Russia next year, scoring three goals in the process.Meanwhile, English-born Nigerian defender, Dominic Iorfa, has expressed his desire to play for the Super Eagles in the future if the opportunity presents its self.The 22-year-old defender, who is the son of former Nigerian international, Dominic Iorfa, told Ipswich Townâ€™s Magazine that his dad has a whole lot of influence on his career and wants him to wear the green and white of Nigeria.“Maybe my dad would like me to play for Nigeria in the future, we will see but he understands itâ€™s a big year for me and my priority is to progress with Ipswich.â€œHe has always been there for me and I have taken his advice. He has been in my shoes, so he knows what itâ€™s all about,” Iorfa said.The Ipswich Town defender is on-loan from Wolverhampton Wanderers and was part of the youth system at his local club Southend United before joining the academy of Wolverhampton Wanderers at the age of 15.He moved on a one-month loan to League One Shrewsbury Town in March 2014, and made his senior debut the same day as a substitute in a 0â€“1 defeat at Colchester.Following his return to Wolves, Iorfa made his first appearance for the club in a 2â€“1 loss to Bournemouth at Molineux on 6 December 2014.He swiftly became the club’s first choice right-back, starting in twenty-one of Wolves’ twenty-five remaining fixtures following his debut.In January 2015, Iorfa won the football league’s Young Player of the Month Award.The young defender, who can play both as a centre-back and right-back, has featured for the England youth setup across all age grades and won the Toulon Invitational Tournament in 2016Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Iorfaâ€™s England-born son open to Nigeria inviteSuper Eagles forward, Victor Moses is not likely to be available for Nigeriaâ€™s last World Cup 2018 qualifier against the Desert Foxes of Algeria and the Grade-A friendly against the La Albeceleste of Argentina next month.Both matches are scheduled for November 10 and 14 in Blida, Algeria and in Krasnoder, Russia.Sources at the Glass House in Abuja hinted yesterday that the Chelsea wing-back who pulled up a hamstring injury in the Bluesâ€™ 2-1 loss to Crystal Palace a fortnight ago, has missed a further three games for the English champions and is not expected to be fully fit before the two clashes with Algeria and Argentina.
Ex-Asante Kotoko coach Steve Polack, has lamented the club’s lack of compassion towards its employees, three years after the deadly accident in the Accra-Kumasi highway that claimed the life of the team’s deputy equipment manager, Thomas Obeng and injuring scores of players and officials of the club.The club’s bus rammed into a stationary vehicle on the Nkawkaw dual carriage road on its way to Kumasi following a Ghana Premier League encounter against Inter Allies on July 12, 2017.Three years on, members of the Kotoko squad at the time, including goalkeeper, George Amoako, have complained about the club’s refusal to compensate the players for the trauma.Polack, head coach at the time, has added his voice to the complaints, and says the club’s management is only reluctant to compensate the staff involved in the accident because the managers were not directly involved.”Basically it’s a human thing that you do that, you come to your employee’s aid when there have been kind of problem to your employee,” he told Wontumi FM in Kumasi.”You are an employee and you are working for an employer, you expect them (employer) to take care of you whatever that happens to you during your contract or how long you’ve been working there so we are expecting them(Asante Kotoko) to do that.”Let’s be honest, they are adult, they should know these things; If the tables turn around and it happens to them, how will they feel, three years later and we still haven’t been compensated, what if it’s them that were in the accident, don’t you think they would have already got their compensation?.”So always you need to put yourself in other people’s shoes and feel it too, Kotoko needs to compensate us (accident victims).”