Ghost Light Postpones Connecticut Performance Following Tom Hamilton Back Injury

first_imgGhost Light was forced to postpone their scheduled performance at the Space Ballroom in Hamden, CT on Thursday in effort to let guitarist Tom Hamilton rest following a back injury.A statement shared by Hamilton to the band’s social media outlets on Thursday afternoon reads:“Hi all – Tommy here. Yesterday at the airport my back went out in the worst way. I was laid out on the floor for hours hoping it would chill enough so I could get on the plane, but it only got worse to where I had to take an ambulance to the ER. I’m working on recovering and getting back on the road ASAP – but unfortunately we’ll have to reschedule our Ghost Light show tonight at Space Ballroom in Hamden CT. I’ve only ever missed 1 show in my career, and it was the last time my back went out like this during my BP days … Thank you so much for your support and understanding. -TRHJr.” The band is currently on tour throughout the spring in support of their debut studio album, Best Kept Secrets, which arrived back in late March. Ghost Light’s next scheduled performance is at New York City’s Brooklyn Bowl on Friday. The status of that show as of Thursday afternoon is still on as scheduled, but fans should keep an eye on the band’s social media outlets between now and then in case of any last-minute announcements.last_img read more

Breaking: London Sides West Ham, Tottenham Receive Fines After FA Charge

first_imgLondon clubs West Ham United and Tottenham Hotspur have both been fined by the English FA.The two sides had earlier been charged with failing to control their players during their English Premier League (EPL) clash on Saturday and they have now received a fine of £20,000 each after admitting the FA charge.West Ham United were 3-2 down to 10-man Tottenham in stoppage time when a late melee involving many players from both sides took place prompting the charge. Relatedlast_img

UAAP working on concussion protocol but admits ‘it’s hard to get consensus’

first_imgAllen Durham still determined to help Meralco win 1st PBA title UAAP Executive Director Atty. Rebo Saguisag said the league has been trying to come up with a concrete protocol regarding injuries caused by head trauma but no consensus has been reached so far.“People should be more conscious now but the mandatory league-wide safety protocol is kind of complicated,” said Saguisag Wednesday. “We’ve been working on it but it has been really hard to get a consensus.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissREAD: UST big man Akomo hospitalized due to head trauma, blood clot Akomo apparently sustained his injury after he collided with fellow big man Papi Sarr in the Sept. 22 game between University of Santo Tomas and Adamson University. Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Tim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown With the aftereffect of Steve Akomo’s apparent head trauma, the UAAP said that it’s working on implementing a concussion protocol but admitted that it has been a complicated process.ADVERTISEMENT Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Akomo finished that game, a 79-71 loss to the Growling Tigers, and also suited up in UST’s 85-53 loss to Ateneo a couple of days later.UST’s center, however, sat out the next game against De La Salle after suffering from symptoms akin to food poisoning.Saguisag said the mandatory sit out policy gets tricky in the sense that there’s no third-party body to decide if a player should sit out games to recover.“This is very touchy because who gets to decide?” said Saguisag who likened the circumstances to the major sports leagues in the United States that have concussion protocols.He also added that the policy should not just be implemented in basketball, but across all sports.ADVERTISEMENT “Let me emphasize, the league-wide safety protocol should not be limited to basketball there’s football and other sports.” Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Gov’t to employ 6,000 displaced by Taal Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college For the complete collegiate sports coverage including scores, schedules and stories, visit Inquirer Varsity. MOST READ LATEST STORIES Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Japeth Aguilar embraces role, gets rewarded with Finals MVP plum View comments Former NBA coach Tex Winter dies at 96 Phivolcs: Slim probability of Taal Volcano caldera eruptionlast_img read more