Trump Briefly Leaves Press Briefing After Shooting Near The White House

first_imgShare:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window) via White House Pool Feed.WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump was abruptly evacuated from the White House briefing room by security on Monday after shots were apparently fired outside the building.Trump returned to the briefing room minutes later, confirming a shooting.“There was a shooting outside of the White House and it seems to be very well under control. I’d like to thank the Secret Service for doing their always quick and very effective work,” Trump said when he returned. After he returned to the podium, US Secret Service tweeted: “The Secret Service can confirm there has been an officer involved shooting at 17th Street and Pennsylvania Ave. Law enforcement officials are on the scene.”A senior administration official said there was an active shooter near the White House and that shooter is in custody.The incident happened just outside of the White House grounds close to Lafayette Square, the official said.Trump had been midsentence during the first attempt at a briefing when security came into the room and asked him to leave the area.“Excuse me?” Trump asked when the security approached.“Step outside,” the agent said.“Oh,” Trump said before departing the room.When Trump returned to the briefing room, he said he has been taken to the Oval Office when he was evacuated.“I feel very safe with the Secret Service. They’re fantastic people. They’re the best of the best. They’re highly trained,” Trump told reporters when he returned. “They just wanted me to step aside for a little while just to make sure that everything was clear outside.”Trump said he had asked whether White House facilities were breached.“I don’t think the person breached anything,” he added. “I don’t believe anything was breached. I asked that question.”last_img read more

China considering raising 2020 solar installation goal

first_img FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Clean Technica:China’s National Energy Administration has floated the idea that it might increase its 2020 solar target to at least 210 gigawatts (GW), and potentially as high as 270 GW, in a move which will significantly impact China’s annual capacity additions and, thus, global capacity additions and solar PV manufacturing.The National Energy Administration (NEA) held an informal gathering last Friday in which it revealed the Chinese Government was considering revising its 13th Five-Year Plan in which it had targeted installing 105 GW worth of solar. Considering that China’s total operating solar PV capacity reached 165 GW at the end of September, the 13th Five-Year Plan’s solar target has been exceeded by at least 50%.According to two sources with knowledge of the meeting, including Asian solar PV analysts at PV InfoLink and Frank Haugwitz, Director of the Asia Europe Clean Energy (Solar) Advisory (AECEA), the NEA suggested that it could raise its 2020 solar PV goal to at least 210 GW, or as much as 250 GW or 270 GW.The final decision will have a tremendous impact not only on China’s solar PV capacity additions for 2019 and 2020, but the world’s solar industry. Specifically, as Frank Haugwitz explained via email, if China reaches 170 GW worth of installed capacity by the end of 2018 and the 13th Five-Year Plan’s solar target is increased to 250 GW or 270 GW, then that would result in potential annual capacity additions of between 40 GW to 50 GW. However, as other analysts have noted, if the NEA’s revision expands the target to only 210 GW, that would open the door for only 20 GW per year.More: China may increase its 2020 solar target to 200 gigawatts or higher China considering raising 2020 solar installation goallast_img read more