Pimps Of Joytime Go Acoustic To Open Denver Show [Gallery]

first_imgLoad remaining images This Saturday, Pimps of Joytime and Jans Ingbers’ Funk Fellowship brought the heat to the Ogden Theatre in Denver, Colorado. Jans Ingbers’ Funk Fellowship kicked off the night right with a funky and soulful set, including an epic four-person drum break midshow, to warm up the crowd. When Pimps of Joytime made their way to the stage following the Fellowship’s performance, they started their set with a few acoustic numbers as a special treat for fans in their hometown. With the group sitting lined up across the stage, they moved through a handful of beautiful acoustic tracks before taking their positions across the stage and moving into a more traditional, funk-heavy Pimps’ set.You can check out a gallery from the evening below, courtesy of Alan Westman.last_img read more

More time, more money

first_imgGIANCARLO Cimoli, who assumed the chief executive’s mantle at Italian State Railways after the arrest of Antonio Lorenzo Necci last September, is getting to grips with the complex world of railway politics. Necci had set up an array of subsidiary companies that dabbled in all kinds of peripheral activities, but Transport Minister Claudio Burlando has ruled that diversification must stop. Cimoli and his financial strategist Fulvio Conti, both previously at the top of the Edison industrial empire, have so far refrained from rushing ahead with headline investment projects.Their caution is perhaps dictated by what is happening to the Roma – Napoli high speed line. Last year Ercole Incalza, head of the FS high speed rail subsidiary TAV, admitted that the project was behind schedule by up to nine months, but Cimoli has since learnt that the April 8 1999 target completion date may be missed by two years. Compared with the 22 years needed to complete the Roma – Firenze direttissima, that would be pretty good going.Much of the delay can be blamed on the problems of threading the alignment through the urban tangles of Roma and Napoli, where much time has been lost haggling with local authorities. Agreement has now been reached at both ends, although the trade-off is inevitably a higher price. General contractor Iricav has told TAV that it believes the lost time can be recouped, but this too will entail splashing a few more lire around. The figure mentioned is an extra 1000bn lire on top of the contracted price of 5508bn lire.Under the 1996 finance bill, Cimoli has 7800bn available for capital investment, but before committing it, he has ordered a fresh three-year plan to be drawn up. Be that as it may, Italferr-SisTAV alone is expected to place contracts worth 3000bn lire during 1997. qlast_img read more

After Azeez Help Granada Beat Barca, Suarez Confesses Tough Year Ahead

first_imgLuis Suarez A return of seven points from five games is their worst since the 1994-95 season under Johan Cruyff.“It’s a worrying defeat, a defeat that hurts,” Suarez told AS.“And it’s a defeat that we have to take a real good look at. There are lots of things that we have to improve.“There’s a long way to go yet, but these are the types of games that win you the title.“We have to be tougher if we’re going to win the league. We have a tough year ahead of us.”Barcelona have particularly struggled away from home, without a league win on the road since April, and failed to score in six of their last seven La Liga away games.They managed just one shot on target throughout the 90 minutes against Granada, despite the second-half introduction of Lionel Messi for his first league appearance of the season after recovering from an ankle injury.Suarez says his side need to change their approach to away matches in order to be more of an attacking threat.“What we have to look at is the way we’re playing as the away side, because the lack of cutting edge and chances is worrying,” Suarez added.“We’re Barcelona, and we have to go out there to win the game – we can’t start the way we did.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram LALIGAStriker Luis Suarez has said that Barcelona have a “tough year ahead” after their worst league start for 25 years.Ernesto Valverde’s side, champions of Spain in four of the last five seasons, suffered their second defeat of the campaign against Granada on Saturday to drop to seventh in the table.last_img read more

Leipzig sporting director calls for fear of players to be respected

first_imgThe sports activities director of the RB Leipzig of the German soccer first division, the Bundesliga, was open this Sunday to the players refusing to take part in coaching and sports activities competitions, for the reason that fear they might have of the pandemic of coronavirus. “If a participant has doubts or perhaps even fear, you could have to respect him,” Krösche instructed the ‘Sky 90′ program. The sports activities director commented that he didn’t communicate individually with every participant of the membership forward of the resumption of the soccer season on Could 16 in a closed sport towards Freiburg. “However when it was time for group coaching, we talked to the workforce. We instructed them that this was mainly our occupation, the one we train, and that additionally it is essential that we take duty for our coworkers,” mentioned Krösche.Due to the particular circumstances generated by the coronavirus disaster, Krösche confirmed understanding for the players’ fears. “Clearly if somebody says they don’t need to or have doubts, then they’ll come and discuss to us. We’re prepared and open to give them a possibility not to practice or to take extra time,” he added.last_img read more

Liverpool and Arsenal join Bayern Munich in the race to sign Juventus star

first_imgLiverpool and Arsenal have been joined by Bayern Munich in the race to sign Kingsley Coman.The 19-year-old Juventus star is billed as one of the hottest properties in European football but has reportedly revealed his frustration at a lack of game time in Turin.Speculation is mounting that Germany World Cup winner Mario Gotze could join the Italian double winners this summer, opening the door for the 19-year-old French star to move to the Bundesliga champions.It has been reported by L’Equipe that Bayern will bid for Coman this week although the Bianconeri are reluctant to pass on the youth prodigy whom they signed from Paris Saint-Germain in 2013.Brendan Rodgers’ side and the Gunners have both been linked with the forward but Bayern appears to be his next destination if Juve coach Massimiliano Allegri decides to sell and Gotze heads in the opposite direction. Coman is better known for his success at Bayern than Juventus getty images – getty center_img 1last_img read more