Inside the home at 31 Musgrave Rd, Toowong.“It worked really well for us,” Ms Roden said.“We built and designed the home for teenagers. They usually had their friends over on a Friday and Saturday night.“Now the house is too big to live in on my own.”More from newsDigital inspection tool proves a property boon for REA website3 Apr 2020The Camira homestead where kids roamed free28 May 2019Set on a 866sq m block, Ms Roden described the home as peaceful.“It’s surrounded by greenery. On both my decks I can look out to Mt Coot-tha and I love the views,” she said. The home at 31 Musgrave Rd, Toowong.She hopes a family with children buys her home as the back yard is spacious. “We were going to put in a lap pool down the side, but my son was a soccer player and really took to that area,” she said.“He put in a soccer net and chose that over the pool.” Ms Roden said the next owner could possibly put in a lap pool if they wanted and said there was room to expand inside and out. The home at 31 Musgrave Rd, Toowong.A change of circumstances has prompted Suzy Roden to sell her beautiful home in Brisbane’s western suburbs.The five-bedroom, two-bathroom home at 31 Musgrave St, Toowong, was built in 1999.Ms Roden said she moved in during September, 1999, and had loved living at the property.Hoping to stay in the area, Ms Roden said the home was the perfect place to bring up her two children, who enjoyed their teenage years there. The deck at 31 Musgrave Rd, Toowong.The two-storey home is close to private schools, shops and public transport.Ms Roden said minor renovations had been done to the home including redoing the floors, carpets, and repainting.She said the kitchen and bathrooms had also been revamped.Ms Roden said she loved the living area of the home because when she invited friends around they just lifted up the rug and that area became a dance floor.
Published on August 5, 2013 at 10:14 pm Contact Trevor: firstname.lastname@example.org | @TrevorHass Syracuse head coach Scott Shafer tried to loosen up the crowd at his press conference outside Manley Field House on Monday evening with an early joke.“Let me guess,” Shafer said. “You guys want to know how the defensive back battle’s going, right? Is that the first question?”Rather than addressing the quarterback situation, Shafer started by talking about his secondary, mentioning that sophomore Julian Whigham impressed during the first day of practice. He said Whigham, currently slotted behind senior Keon Lyn at one of the cornerback positions, intercepted a pass down the sideline.“I was really pleased to see that,” Shafer said, “so he’s putting some heat on Ri’Shard (Anderson) and Keon Lyn, as well as Brandon Reddish.”Whigham appeared in 11 games during his freshman season, recording three tackles against Connecticut and one in Syracuse’s Pinstripe Bowl win over West Virginia. The 2011 Sun Sentinel Big Schools Defensive Player of the Year, Whigham was one of four SU true freshmen to play last season.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text Comments Facebook Twitter Google+
Tottenham Hotspur could be set to rival Arsenal in the chase to sign in-form Sevilla striker Carlos Bacca this January, according to Spanish source Fichajes.net.The north London pair are both after new signings upfront this winter after enduring frustrating starts to the season in the Premier League, with Spurs relying on the under-performing strike partnership of Emmanuel Adebayor and Roberto Soldado, while Arsenal have been without Olivier Giroud due to injury.Bacca has been in fine form in La Liga for the last year or so, scoring 21 goals last term and finding the back of the net eight times in fifteen appearances so far this season.There’s no doubt the prolific Colombian international could improve Tottenham’s fortunes in attack, with Mauricio Pochettino keen to keep rebuilding this struggling team after a number of changes to the squad in recent seasons.As well as managerial changes disrupting the club, Spurs are still recovering from the loss of star player Gareth Bale last summer, and it is in attack that they have been hit particularly hard, with other of their big-money signings failing to pay off so far.Sevilla will not want to lose such an important player, but it is believed that he could head to White Hart Lane this January.
2 novice fighters put on a good fight tonight. Well done to my friend @KSIOlajidebt and unlucky @LoganPaul. A 3rd fight wouldn’t surprise me.— Amir Khan (@amirkingkhan) November 10, 2019But KSI made it clear he’s not up for a third fight. “It’s done, it’s done,” he said of fighting Paul again. “I’m on to the next thing. I think boxing is the next thing for me now.”KSI has said in the past he wants to become a professional boxer and was using Paul’s fame as a “steppingstone” to help him. Now that he’s 1-0 as a pro, his credibility is a bit higher than it was heading into Saturday night. Logan Paul scores a knockdown over KSI, but is deducted two points.#KSILoganPaul2 pic.twitter.com/KIdOMIgEKb— DAZN USA (@DAZN_USA) November 10, 2019MORE: Round-by-round breakdown of KSI’s win over Logan PaulThe DAZN announcers were surprised by the two-point deduction, saying it should have either not have happened or should have been a one-point deduction. Paul was upset by the decision after the fight, and he voiced his displeasure live on the DAZN broadcast.”I let emotions get the best of me, man,” Paul said. “But I will say, no warning (from the referee). And I got two points taken away from me and that’s why I think I lost tonight. I think if you do the math, the two points I got taken away from me was the reason I lost tonight. I would love to contest the (California State Athletic) commission because I think I should have got a warning. I don’t think it was fair at all.””The two points that I got taken away from me was the reason I lost tonight.” 💬#KSILoganPaul2 pic.twitter.com/kBYDFFmAIf— DAZN USA (@DAZN_USA) November 10, 2019MORE: Jake Paul eyes KSI for fight following rematch vs. LoganAfter such a dramatic finish to the rematch, Paul was naturally asked whether he’d fight KSI a third time. “I’d love to fight KSI again. These are the best moments of my life,” Paul said. “I just want to say fair play to KSI, you are one of the toughest people I know and I wish you the best. I can talk trash but it’s all for show.”Paul wasn’t alone in those thoughts. Many others expected a trilogy to take place. KSI defeated Logan Paul via split decision Saturday night in Los Angeles.One judge scored the fight 56-55 in favor of Paul, but the other two judges ruled in favor of KSI, 57-54 and 56-55, respectively. A two-point deduction for Paul in Round 4 was critical to the decision as the scorecards showed afterward. Paul had the points taken away after it appeared he hit KSI following what was ruled a knockdown.
London, United Kingdom | AFP | Britain’s Anthony Joshua says he is prepared to play the waiting game in his world heavyweight super-fight against veteran Ukrainian Wladimir Klitschko at London’s Wembley Stadium on Saturday.Joshua, 14 years Klitschko’s junior, is expected to attack the 41-year-old with the same explosiveness that has seen him win all 18 of his professional contests to date.But while many observers believe the longer the fight goes on, the more it will play into Klitschko’s hands, Joshua says he is prepared to wait for his moment.“He’ll probably start fast because he won’t be able to keep up the pace,” said Joshua, who hopes to add the vacant World Boxing Association (WBA) title to his International Boxing Federation (IBF) crown.“Father Time is a genetic thing. It’s something no-one can deny and it’s just part of life. I don’t think he’d be able to cope in my training camp.“How I’ve been taught to win is to box off the line, set it up, and then come forward, defend, and try and come forward again.“So it’s what opportunities are there, rather than being aggressive and missing shots because I’m just hungry for a knockout.“I just have to create opportunities and when they come, I’ll explode then and take him on.”Joshua, 27, will confront Klitschko, the former world heavyweight number one, in front of 90,000 fans in the biggest fight the division has seen in years.It is the most significant heavyweight fight ever to be held in Britain and will reportedly earn the pair upwards of £10 million ($13 million, 12 million euros) each.Britain’s largest attendance for a boxing event since 1939 is expected beneath the Wembley arch, with millions more watching on television in over 140 countries.Yet Joshua, the London 2012 Olympic gold medallist, does not even see this as being the most important fight he will ever have.“I don’t think so, because it won’t be the end of my career,” said Joshua, who was born in England to Nigeria-born parents.“When he gets beat, that could be the end of him. That’s why it could be defining for him.” – ‘Crumble like a cookie’ –Joshua was seven years old when Klitschko (64-4, 53 KOs) turned professional in 1996 following his Olympic gold medal success in Atlanta earlier that year.The Ukrainian was last seen in a ring in November 2015 when he was outboxed in a defeat by Joshua’s burly compatriot Tyson Fury, ending his nine-and-a-half-year reign as champion.Klitschko, who saw Fury twice pull out of a re-match, is banking on his greater experience being a decisive factor.While Joshua has never been beyond seven rounds, Klitschko has fought 12 rounds nine times.“Experience is something that you cannot buy in a shop. You gain it over the years,” Klitschko said.“People could be in great preparation and great spirit and I’ve seen that they crumble like a cookie right before the first bell.”Klitschko is bidding to become a three-time world heavyweight champion like his older brother, Vitali, Evander Holyfield, Lennox Lewis and Muhammad Ali.Joshua tipped the scales at 17 stones 12lbs 2oz (113.4 kg) — 10 pounds more than Klitschko and his heaviest ever pre-fight weight — at Friday’s weigh-in.It prompted Klitschko to compare him to an over-muscled body-builder.“I’ve never seen AJ as big as he is right now,” he said. “He is as big as Arnold Schwarzenegger at his best.”Klitschko even went as far as predicting the partisan British crowd will be cheering for him by the end of the bout.“I was booed at the beginning (of his open workout), but cheered at the end, when I finished,” said the Ukrainian.“I’ve seen it with my brother (Vitali) and Herbie Hide here years ago. If you perform well, people will accept you with cheering.”Share on: WhatsApp
Eight promising young players will represent England against Spain in the mixed U16 international at Woodhall Spa Golf Club, Lincolnshire, on the weekend of 25-26 May.They are Rafiah Banday of Surrey (pictured), Libby Bell and Rachel Gourley of Northumberland, Patience Rhodes of Somerset, Joshua Berry of Yorkshire, Jack Bigham and Reis Suart of Hertfordshire and Dubai-based Josh Hill.They are following in the footsteps of players such as Tommy Fleetwood, Matt Fitzpatrick, Andrew ‘Beef’ Johnston and Melissa Reid, who all figured in the match back in their early amateur days.The match started as a curtain raiser to the North of England U16 Championship, with England enjoying much success in the encounters at Pannal and Heswall.It was expanded five years ago into a stand-alone two-day match and since then the Spanish have won four times: at Madrid in 2014, ’16 and ’18, as well as at Seacroft, Lincolnshire, in 2015. England won at Preston in 2017.The team:Rafiah Banday (Royal Mid-Surrey) also played in this match last year. She was joint runner-up in the 2018 English U16 Girls’ Championship and fourth in the North of England U16s.Libby Bell (Gosforth Park Ladies) tied fifth in the recent R&A Girls’ U16 Amateur at Fulford and had good finishes in the Scottish and Irish Girls’ Championships.Rachel Gourley (Arcot Hall) tied 11th in the Girls’ U16 Amateur. In 2018 she was runner up in the Scottish U14 and fourth in the English U14 championships.Patience Rhodes (Burnham & Berrow) also shared 11th place in the Girls’ U16 Amateur. She was runner-up in the 2018 English U14 Girls’ Championship and is the new Somerset women’s champion.Joshua Berry (Doncaster) was fourth in the recent French U14 Boys’ Championship – which he won last year – and third in the Cyprus Junior Open.Jack Bigham (Redbourn) was eighth in the U18 Peter McEvoy Trophy at Copt Heath and tied 28th in last weekend’s Fairhaven Trophies.Josh Hill (Dubai) helped England win the 2018 Boys’ Home Internationals and is playing for England this weekend in the boys’ international against France.Reis Suart (Welwyn Garden City) was third in the Midlands U16 Championship and fifth in last year’s English U14 Reid Trophy.Image copyright Leaderboard Photography Tags: England teams, England U16s v Spain 10 May 2019 England teenagers will take on Spain